He set his face toward the wilderness. --Num. xxiv.
The waves make towards" the pebbled shore. --Shak.
2. With direction to, in a moral sense; with respect or
reference to; regarding; concerning.
His eye shall be evil toward his brother. --Deut.
Herein do I exercise myself, to have always a
conscience void of offense toward God, and toward
men. --Acts xxiv.
3. Tending to; in the direction of; in behalf of.
This was the first alarm England received towards
any trouble. --Clarendom.
4. Near; about; approaching to.
I am toward nine years older since I left you.
Do you hear sught, sir, of a battle toward ? --Shak.
We have a trifling foolish banquet Towards. --Shak.
2. Readly to do or learn; compliant with duty; not froward;
apt; docile; tractable; as, a toward youth.
3. Ready to act; forward; bold; valiant.
Why, that is spoken like a toward prince. --Shak.